Information covered by this statement
This Privacy Statement applies to the use and processing of personal information collected and used by certain members of Jacobs Properties.
Please note, this statement only applies to Jacobs Properties members who are domiciled within the European Economic Area. For information concerning the collection, use or processing of personal information by any other entities within Jacobs Properties or any of our affiliates, business partners or suppliers (whether or not trading under the name “Jacobs Properties”) please contact the registered office.
The phrases “Jacobs Properties”, “us” or “we” shall, when used herein, mean those members of Jacobs Properties on behalf of and in respect of whom this statement is made.
By using Jacobs Properties websites and mobile applications or otherwise providing your personal information to Jacobs Properties, you agree to the collection, use and sharing of your information in accordance with this statement. Please read this Privacy Statement carefully and contact us if you have any questions.
Personal information is information, or any combination of separate pieces of information, that could be used to identify you.
Should you have any queries in respect of this statement or our use of personal data, please contact Jacobs Properties Data Protection Officer – email@example.com
Information Jacobs Properties collects
We may collect information about you from a variety of sources. This includes information we collect directly from you; information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online content or use our mobile applications or other services; and information we collect about you from other sources.
Information we collect directly from you
We collect information directly from you when you choose to participate in our services, offers and programs, create an account on our websites or in our mobile applications, call or email us, or otherwise provide information directly to us. The following are examples of information we may collect directly from you:
• Email address
• Postal address
• Forwarding address
• Place of work
• Income /financial status and affordability
• Photographic identification (passport / driving licence), utility bill forming proof of address
• Accountant contact details
• Username and password
• Telephone number including landline, mobile number and/or office number if provided
• Date of birth
• Payment information and bank account details
• Employers name, address, contact number and email
Information we collect when you visit our sites, view our online ads or promotions, or use our mobile applications or other services
• Information about your device browser and operating system.
• IP address
• Web pages you view
• Links you click
• Jacobs Properties emails you open
Information collected through Mobile Applications
When you download our mobile applications to your mobile device, we may also collect information that you provide. We also automatically collect information through our applications.
The following are examples of the types of information we may automatically collect through our applications:
• Marketing ID or similar identifier
• Information about your devices’ operating system
• Information about the way you use the application
Your Choices about information collection through Mobile Applications
You can opt out of continued information collection by our mobile application by deleting the application from your device.
Information Jacobs Properties collects from other sources
We may obtain information about you from other sources, including publicly available sources, such as the Land Registry, social media platforms or referral agents, etc. Examples of information we may collect from other sources are:
• Postal address.
• Email address.
• Date of birth.
• Income level.
• Publicly observed activities or information made available by you to the public, such as blogs, videos, internet postings, and user generated content.
How Jacobs Properties uses this information
We use the information we collect to provide you products, offers and services, offers or other content tailored to your interests, and to conduct other Jacobs Properties business operations. The following are examples of how we may use the information we collect:
• Answer your questions or respond to your requests.
• Enrol you in programs linked with the services you use
• Forward your information to third party contractors for the sole purpose of undertaking tasks instructed by Jacobs Properties relating to our services
• Create and manage your account.
• Process payment for purchases or other services.
• Protect against or identify possible fraudulent transactions.
• Send you email and/or postal messages with information about Jacobs Properties brands and other content we think may be of interest to you in the event you have opted in to receive such communication
• Telephone you about Jacobs Properties’s brands and other content we think may be of interest to you in the event you have opted in to receive such communication
• Develop and provide Marketing tailored to your interests, including interest-based marketing in the event you have opted in to receive such communication
• Personalise your experience on our websites by presenting products and information tailored to you in the event you have opted in to receive such communication
• Allow you to participate in social sharing on our websites.
• Analyse the use of, and develop, our products, services and marketing. Enforce our Terms and Conditions and otherwise manage our business.
Jacobs Properties will only process your information in pursuance of our legitimate interest if we receive any requests related to, for example, a product or service, a call-back, or specific marketing materials; we will use your personal information to fulfil your request. Where we need to manage your account and protect you against or identify possible fraudulent transactions, we will do so in accordance with our legal obligation placed on us under law. We will seek consent from you if we need to process your data solely identified purposes. To ensure meaningful consent is obtained from you, Jacobs Properties will provide you with reasonable notice ensuring that your consent is provided on an informed basis.
The success of our business depends on your trust, and we do not sell your personal information to marketers outside of Jacobs Properties. We share your personal information within Jacobs Properties and as described in this statement. We do not share personal information with marketers outside of Jacobs Properties unless you consent to such sharing, or as described within this statement.
Third-party service providers
We engage third-party service providers to perform a variety of business operations on our behalf. In so doing, we may share your personal information with them. We provide our service providers with only the personal information they need in order to perform the services we request, and we contractually require that they protect this information appropriately and not use it for any other purpose.
For example, we rely on a 3rd party service provider to:
• Use of a database software Jupix which holds all personal information provided by you on request to fulfil our service
• Use of a tenant referencing service Van Mildert to complete all pre tenancy reference and credit checks to confirm suitability for a tenancy, hold Right to Rent documentation, information on your financial and living situation
• Host our sites and deliver our email or other communications through Office365 including the storage of documents relating to business services
• Input your data into DocuSign in order to obtain signed copies of tenancy associated paperwork, terms of business and agency agreements
• Undertake property maintenance, pre tenancy and end of tenancy work, interim property inspections by way of passing your details to contractors instructed by Jacobs Properties for the sole purpose of carrying out the instructed work. A full list of contractors can be obtained by request sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Analyse our data, sometimes combined with data from other sources, to send you communications.
Where permitted by law, we combine personal information about you that Jacobs Properties has collected with personal information about you that a business partner has collected so we can jointly send tailored promotional communications to you. In such instances, our business partner will not be permitted to use Jacobs Properties data or the combined data for its own, independent marketing purposes. Our service provider will only be allowed to use the combined set of information if you have opted to receive such communications.
We may transfer or otherwise process your personal information:
• As part of the sale of a Jacobs Properties brand to another company.
• When we have received your instruction to pass the sale of your property to another agent
• To protect, defend or exercise the rights and property of Jacobs Properties (including enforcing our Terms and Conditions).
• When required by law and/or government authorities.
• Inform a utility and or communication provider of change of contact details and address in relation to a tenancy or property sale
Personal Information Retention Period
We will retain Personal Information for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement, unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law.
Anti-Money Laundering Data will be held for 6 years after the end of a business transaction. Right to Rent documentation will be held for 1 year after the end of business transaction unless required for Legitimate reason. Personal information will be held for 1 year after end of business transaction until required for Legitimate reason.
Aggregated and non-personal information.
We share aggregated and/or anonymous information that does not identify you for Jacobs Properties business purposes. For example, we may disclose the number of visitors to Jacobs Properties sites or services. We may also share aggregated and/or anonymous information with our business partners for their own business purposes.
Your communication options
We give you choices about how we communicate with you.
You can stop receiving promotional email messages from Jacobs Properties by following the opt-out instructions provided in any such message you receive.
You can stop receiving promotional postal mail from Jacobs Properties by following the opt-out instructions that may be included within those communications.
Mobile Text Messages
You can stop receiving promotional text messages from Jacobs Properties by texting STOP along with your name to 07432 318595.
You and your information
To the extent provided for by applicable law, you have certain rights in respect of the management of the personal data we hold about you.
We take steps to keep your personal information accurate. If you wish to update your contact information, please email either email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org depending on the service you are registered for.
You can delete your Jacobs Properties online account or via email at any time however this will not apply in any of the following;
• You are registered to view a property where the viewing has not taken place
• You have put forward a tenancy offer or purchase offer and the offer has been accepted
• You enter into a tenancy which has been set up with us
• You are a purchaser or vendor at the time of the request to delete your information
• You are a tenant or prospective tenant at the time of the request to delete your information
• You are a past tenant, landlord, vendor or purchaser and we are holding Anti Money Laundering and Right to Rent documentation which cannot be deleted until a certain timeframe has passed
This will erase any personal information in your account that we have about you. And it will mean any data about how you’ve used the online account will be made anonymous.
Deleting your online account won’t delete any data you’ve shared with Jacobs Properties for reasons that aren’t connected with your online account. If you wish us to erase your data which is unconnected with your online account, please contact us as described below and we will deal with your request as necessary under applicable law.
To the extent provided by applicable law, you have the right to request rectification of your personal data; to obtain restriction of the processing of personal data; to object to the processing of personal data (including direct marketing) and to data portability. To exercise any of these rights, please contact us as described below.
Where you have provided consent for our processing of your personal data, you may withdraw that consent at any time by contacting us. We will cease processing your personal data as soon as reasonably practicable following our receipt of your withdrawal.
If you consider that we have processed personal data in violation of applicable law, please contact us. If you consider that we have processed personal data in violation of applicable law and failed to remedy such violation to your reasonable satisfaction, you may also lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority (e.g. the Information Commissioner in the UK).
Cookies and Other Technologies
Jacobs Properties and our third-party service providers use a variety of technologies to assess how our sites or mobile applications are used, to personalize your experience and to deliver you marketing, including online content, tailored to your interests. Some technologies we may use include the following:
A cookie is a small file placed on your device when you visit a site that can be understood by the site that issued the cookie. We use the information collected by cookies to remember who you are to log you in and your preferences, to provide you advertisements, offers or other content tailored to your interests and to assess how our sites are used. You can accept or decline cookies through your browser settings. To learn more, please look at the cookie settings available in your specific web browser(s). Please note, however, that without cookies you may not be able to use all of the features of our Sites or other websites and online services.
We may use third-party web analytics services on our Sites, such as those of Google Analytics. These service providers help us analyse how visitors use the Sites. The information obtained for this purpose (including your IP address and other information collected by automated means) will be disclosed to or collected directly by these service providers. To learn more about Google Analytics, and how to opt out, please click here.
The providers of third-party plug-ins and widgets on our Sites, such as embedded videos and social media sharing tools, may use automated means to collect information regarding your use of the Sites and your interactions with the plug-ins and widgets. We may also receive information you have made available to those third party services, including the geographic location of your mobile device and other information about you (such as name, email address, gender, locale, time zone, languages, social media profile URL, personal website URL, biographical information, birthday, photo, list of devices, education history, work history, hometown, interests, current city, political views, favourite athlete and teams, relationship status and information, religion, name of significant other, and certain security settings information) and your contacts on those services. This information is subject to the privacy policies or notices of the third party providers of the plug-ins and widgets.
You may receive interest-based marketing, offers or other content as you interact with websites or mobile applications. These cookies or other identifiers are placed in general interest categories that we infer from information such as:
• The web pages you view and links you click on Jacobs Properties websites and other websites you visit.
• Mobile applications you use.
• The Jacobs Properties brand emails you view and links you click in the email.
• Demographic data.
• Offline and online purchase data.
We have designed our interest-based marketing systems to deliver such ads to you based only on data that does not personally identify you.
Your choices regarding receipt of interest-based Marketing on websites
You can visit www.jacobs.properties where you can choose to opt out from receiving interest-based marketing. Jacobs Properties will honour that choice.
Your choices regarding receipt of interest-based Marketing in mobile applications
Some newer mobile device operating systems allow you to limit the use of information to deliver interest-based marketing in mobile applications. You can check the settings on your device for such options in your devices’ operating system.
Links to Third Party Sites and Social Media
Jacobs Properties sites may include links to third-party sites. Jacobs Properties does not control these third-party sites, and we encourage you to read the privacy statement of every site you visit.
User Generated Content
Please remember that any information you submit or post as user-generated content to Social Media sites become public information. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal, financial or other information in such submissions or posts. Jacobs
Properties cannot prevent others from using such information in a manner that may violate this Privacy Statement, the law, or your personal privacy and safety. Jacobs Properties is not responsible for the results of such postings.
Links to other websites and apps
Our Sites may provide links to other websites and apps for your convenience and information. These websites and apps may operate independently from us. Linked sites and apps may have their own privacy notices or policies, which we strongly suggest you review. To the extent any linked websites or apps are not owned or controlled by us, we are not responsible for their content, any use of the websites or apps, or the privacy practices of the websites or apps.
Updates to our Privacy Statement
We will post changes to this Privacy Statement and indicate the effective date when this Privacy Statement is updated. If we make any material changes to this Privacy Statement, we will notify you by sending an e-mail to the e-mail address you most recently provided us or by posting notice of the changes on this site.
Contact Details for Jacobs Properties
Oakley Office 01256 781300 Basingstoke Office 01256 465300
Access to this website is confirmation of your understanding and agreement to be bound by all of the following Terms and Conditions. Use of this website is prohibited unless you agree to all the Terms and Conditions below.
The copyright and all other intellectual property rights in this website (including all text, graphics, code, files, database rights and links) belong to us.
You may print out, save or download individual selections only for your own personal, private and non-commercial use.
You must not print out, save, download, copy, reproduce, republish, transmit, broadcast, display, modify or re-use any part or content of this website for any other purpose, including in particular any purpose which re-sells or re-uses the content in any way, without our prior written consent.
These Terms & Conditions and any matter relating to this website shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. Any dispute relating to the use of this website will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
This website is aimed at users in the United Kingdom. Users of this website who access it from places outside the United Kingdom do so voluntarily and are responsible for complying with any local laws.
We may log IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our servers and for system administration. We shall only use these addresses for technical & tracking purposes.
We capture industry standard information solely for the purpose of analysis. Information contained in log files is intended for internal use only and will not be disclosed.
You can now book a visit from one of our team through our website. Simply fill out a few details and we will come and visit you.
We will give you an honest appraisal and valuation, discuss your options for selling or renting and run through how we will work the hardest we can to get you the best offer on your current home.
If you are looking for a knowledgeable, experienced, modern sales and letting agency who intimately knows
Basingstoke and the region around the town, then choose Jacobs Properties.
With over 20 years of property experience in this area, our team are in the ideal position to help you realise a successful outcome.
For all clients we offer added-value services to help them every step of the way.
Any Questions: Just Ask!
Whether you want to find out more about Jacobs, arrange an appointment or just discuss your needs, just call during office hours or, if evening or weekend, request a callback at a time that works for you.
“As a long term overseas landlord you need to have great confidence in your managing agent. Jacobs in Basingstoke have given me that confidence from the outset, allowing me to enjoy a great life in Spain”- Keith – Overseas Landlord
With Jacobs Properties all the stress was taken out of the sale. Efficient, knowledgeable
“Going with Jacobs was an excellent decision. They found very good tenants and looked after any problems or maintenance issues, leaving me to get on with my life. Very happy to recommend them.”- Jon Smith – Landlord